Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Brown Rice Bibimbap

In the quest for healthier eating, I made one of my Korean favorites: bibimbap.  It is basically a variety of vegetables, some meat and an egg over rice.  You mix it all up and eat it and it is not only healthy, it is addictively good.  I made mine with brown rice, and grilled, organic chicken breasts.  I sauteed all of my veggies including the carrots and added chopped kimchi.  The result was great.  I felt like I was indulging, but I knew that everything I was eating was good for me. 
I am including the link to Maangchi's website where she has a video of how to make all of the vegetables.  I omitted the sugar because I am trying to cut it out of my diet for a while, but the fern brake (gosari) needed a little sweetness.  I added just a pinch of honey powder and it turned out perfect.



(10, Cardio/Upper body)

4 comments:

  1. I'm salivating. I don't make bibimbap at home because it's too much work to prepare all the veggies. I'm lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! Believe me, if I lived closer to a decent Korean market, I would just buy the prepared veggies to make this.
    But I have to say, that it didn't take as long as I thought. I just assembly lined everything. One veggie being sauteed, put it on the dish, next veggie in the same pan.... The seasonings are pretty much the same for everything so it wasn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my favorite korean dish this month...already made it twice! actually its last month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing your missing is the Korean stone pot to make the rice crunchy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails