from the cookbook, The Pioneer Woman Cooks
1 cup milk
6 bread slices
2 pounds ground beef
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, such as Lawry's
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 to 1/2 cup minced flat leaf parsley
4 eggs, beaten
8-12 thin bacon slices
1 1/2 cups ketchup
6 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
Dashor two of hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Pour milk over the bread and allow it to soak in for several minutes
- Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan chees, salt, seasoned salt, black pepper, and parsley in a large mixing bowl and pour in the eggs.
- With clean hands, mix ingredients until well combined.
- Form the misture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan, which allows the fat from the meat to drain.
- Lay bacon slices over the top tucking them underneath the meatloaf
- Make the tomato gravy by mixing all of the ingredients in a bowl
- Pour a third of the tomato gravy over the top of the meatloaf
- Bake for 45 minutes, then pour another third over the meatloaf again.
- Bake for another 10 minutes
- Serve with the remaining tomato gravy on the side as a dipping sauce